Echo360 POD Device Configuration Settings
Every capture appliance has a default configuration applied to it, which can be edited for each individual device as necessary.
To configure the POD device defaults
- Log into Echo360 as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the page (it looks like a gear).
- Select Configurations from the settings menu.
- From the left side of the Configurations page, click Device default configurations.
- From the options across the top, select ECHO360 POD.
- In the Audio section of the page use the input drop-down list to identify the type of device input being used to capture audio. Your choices include Line-in, Microphone, and Mute.
The Mute option is provided if you are planning to capture audio through an HDMI device input and ONLY want the HDMI audio feed. See note below on multiple audio feeds.
- Use the audio level drop-down list to select the input level to use for audio capture. You can select any number between 11db and -11db.
- The Channel 1 and Channel 2 sections of the configuration page are nearly identical, since both channels allow for HDMI-connected input devices. However Channel 2 also allows for a USB-connected camera as well (to be used instead of, NOT in addition to, the Channel 2 HDMI input)
Select whether to capture each channel, the type of input expected for each (display or video), and whether to capture the audio from either or both of the channels (and/or input type).
- If CH1/Display HDMI slider is enabled, configure the following defaults:
- Aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3) to capture from the device typically connected to Channel 1.
- Input type (Display or Video) for the device typically connected to Channel 1.
- Set whether to capture the audio feed from the HDMI device typically connected to Channel 1.
See below for information on multiple audio feeds.
- Repeat these steps for CH2 HDMI input.
- If USB is enabled, select the type of input (video/display) and whether to capture audio from the USB-connected camera.
Multiple Audio feeds? Since HDMI inputs also allow for audio capture, the POD can capture up to three different audio feeds (one HDMI and/or USB for each visual channel plus the Audio channel). When the capture is processed, all enabled audio feeds are merged and synced to generate the audio for the capture playback.
Bottom line: You don't need to use anything except the Audio channel, but you can, either in addition to or instead of the Audio channel input. To capture ONLY HDMI or USB audio, select Mute for the Audio channel.
- Enable or disable the access to the Administration menu on the front panel of the POD appliance.
- Select the Input sources and Quality settings for the One-Touch recording profile.
The inputs/quality configured here are used as the capture profile for all ad hoc recordings initiated using only the Record icon that appears on the touch panel of the appliance when it is idle. Users can review and change these settings directly on the device prior to initiating an ad hoc recording.
See also the Echo360 POD FAQs and How To's for additional information on the One-touch profile.
- When finished, click SAVE, then click the Common Settings tab at the top of the page, to complete device configuration for download to a USB drive.